Thursday, October 2, 2008

He's Bringing (1935) Collegiate Back

I don't know if I'm feeling Andre 3000's new clothing line, Benjamin Bixby. The collection was inspired by Ivy League athletics of the 1930s. And that's exactly where it belongs, in the 1930s. Check it out:


Now I'm not knocking Andre's personal style. I think he's a very innovative artist and unique person who can wear whatever the hell he wants because that's part of his public persona. But seriously, who's supposed to wear this stuff? If I saw some regular dude walking down the street in one of these getups, I would think he either just stepped out of a time machine, or was an extra for The Great Debaters. I honestly don't think this was a collection made to be worn head to toe. Maybe one or two pieces like the toggle coat or even the cardigan paired with a nice pair of jeans or slacks.
And as for "plus fours"? Anybody (even Andre) would look absolutely ridiculous in those.





[via Gawker, NYT]

1 comment:

her said...

I love me some green light